It's one of the worst feelings you can have. You've done the hard work. You've approached boldly, head held high. You've gotten her laughing, gotten her smiling, maybe even gotten her touching you a little and...
The conversation totally loses its steam. Everything just falls flat. You find yourself scrambling for the right thing to say, palms sweaty, a lump in your throat, the feeling of a drowning man overcoming you. Ultimately, you beat a hasty retreat, one that leaves you with a strong sense of diminished confidence that colors your entire night. Why? Because you've run out of things to say. This happens to just about every man at one point or another. But what if I told you that you didn't ever have to run out of things to say? That this was, in fact, a very simple problem with some very simple solutions? Best of all, you can start putting your new found skills into action starting tonight for an increased success rate with women. Read on, gentlemen, to find out how it's done.
Why You're Running Out of Things to Say
But why are you running out of things to say? What is it that's making conversation get stuck in the mud?
* Closed-Ended Questions: Closed-ended questions are conversation killers. They require short answers and do not leave the door open to further conversation on the subject. What's worse, too many of them in a row can be tiresome.
* Too Much Personal Info: When people are out and about, requesting too much personal information up front can be a bit unsettling. This makes the other person shut down, making it harder for you to effectively continue the conversation.
* You Talk Too Much: Maybe the problem is that you have too much to stay. You're not giving her room to speak, while also emptying your verbal bank account too quickly.
* You Haven't Planned: The best routines are like the best of anything: They have a plan. Do you know what you're going to say to a woman when you go up to her? Have you thought about where you want the conversation to go and how you're going to get it there? If not, you're a general without a plan of attack.
These are simple things that nearly every man has done at some point or anything in his nightlife. Now that you know what you might be doing wrong, it's time to start looking for strategies to correct these errant behaviors.
Read on to learn more about what you can do to keep a conversation going.
Food for Thought: How Conversations Thrive
It's easy to keep conversation flowing and not run out of things to say. So easy, in fact, that you're going to kick
yourself for not picking up on any of these simple tips on your own.
* Open-Ended Questions: The opposite of a closed-ended question is, of course, an open-ended one. Don't ask her where what she does for a living. Instead, ask her how she figured out what she wanted to do for a living. Don't ask her where she lives, ask her why she moved to the neighborhood she did. This gives her more room to talk about herself, something that women love to do.
* Keep It Light: Keep conversation very light when you first start talking to her. In fact, when you first start talking to her, you probably want to emphasize joking around and playfully teasing her over "getting to know you" type conversation. This will open her up for more serious conversation later.
* Let Her Do the Talking: Letting her do a lot of the talking keeps the conversation flowing. It also takes a lot of pressure off of you. What's more, it allows you to really create a connection with her, turning you into the one guy at the bar that she remembers because you were the one who let her express herself.
* Have a Plan: Again, it's important to have a plan of attack when you first start talking to a woman. You don't need to have every single word and response of a conversation mapped out, but you should have a general direction in mind.
* Don't Be Afraid to Walk Away: One of the biggest mistakes that men make when it comes to women is hanging on one all night. Rather, walk away when things are at a high point or close to it. Take a second to go grab a drink, work the room and check back in with your friends. This helps you avoid the awkwardness that comes along with a conversation petering out, while also increasing your social value by being thetype of man who isn't tying himself to one woman all night.
Hit the bar tonight or the streets and start putting this stuff into practice. Then become the Alpha man who absolutely, positively never runs out of things to say.